This guide could not have been possible without the crucial assistance of many individuals. The author offers his wholehearted appreciation to:
Reservation Superintendent Paul Forbes, for his advice and suggestions for corrections and additional material. He was responsible for reconstructing the Symbol Rock and Galkin trails and played a major role in the production of the Reservation map of 1991. Paul also served as chauffeur on a vehicle called "The Mule," also known as "Saxaphone 2."
Assistant Three Point Camp Director Emeritus David Newton, who provided useful and thorough critiques of the draft versions of the guide. He also helped with the Symbol Rock Trail and employed his artistic talents by making signs for the trail network. In addition, he made numerous suggestions for the 1991 map.
Reservation Director Emeritus H. Cushman "Gus" Anthony, who also critiqued the guide and provided answers to the author's many questions.
Chief J. Harold Williams, for creating many trails and naming most of the major landmarks in Camp Yawgoog, along with writing the original text of the Story of the Yawgoog Trails.
Reservation Director Emeritus Philip E. Tracy, for producing the 1976 edition of The Story with the assistance of other staff.
Assistant Reservation Director Emeritus Peter Berthelette and Superintendent Emeritus Al Gunther, for their valuable advice.
Ms. Gayle E. Waite of the Langworthy Public Library in Hope Valley for her assistance in the library's archives.
Ms. Becky Fullerton of the Appalachian Mountain Club library in Boston for her assistance.
Mr. Kenneth Carlson of the Rhode Island State Archives and Mr. Tom Evans of the Rhode Island State Library for researching the origin of the state's aerial photographs of 1939.
Reservation Secretary Jane Stedman, for typing an early draft of the guide.
Mr. Arthur Levesque and Mr. Robert Auxier, for the computer format conversion of the guide's text.